Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Merry Christmas

I love Christmas!  It is an exciting time of the year when people are especially generous in reaching out to neighbors and people in need.  I am really trying to keep my focus on Christ rather than shopping and busyness. This time of the year can become quite stressful sometimes with all of the obligations that come from tradition.  I want to teach my children that "Jesus is the reason for the season," and we give gifts to celebrate His birthday.  Since we can't buy a gift and give it directly to Jesus, we give it to someone He loves instead.  I like to sing the Happy Birthday song on Christmas morning to help them remember.  I rarely ask them, "What do you want to get for Christmas?" but sometimes ask them, "What do you want to give for Christmas?"

What traditions do you and your family share to make Christmas Christ centered?

No comments:

Post a Comment